|Department||Procurement||Site||Any major centre in South Africa|
|Contract||Permanent||Hours||Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 17:00|
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Related tertiary qualification advantageous.
- 5 Years’ experience in a similar role in the animal proteins, fats, oils and minerals for application in petfood industry.
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Numerical accuracy.
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Project management skills.
- Willing to travel locally and abroad.
- Networking and relationship management skills.
- Negotiation and research skills.
- Strong business acumen.
Main Duties/Key Results Areas
- Tasked to establish and grow a customer base for users of all animal proteins, fats, oils and minerals for application in petfood, for the South African and Sub-Sahara African Markets.
- Focus on establishing and gaining market share on the abovementioned products.
- Keeping up to date regarding International as well as Domestic Market Indicators related to these products.
- Travel often in/around major centres such as Durban, Cape Town, Gauteng etc. to promote, market and sell the goods associated with the category.
- Sales of the goods. This will incorporate sales made directly by yourself as well as giving assistance to the Sales Team in getting goods sold.
- Marketing and Procurement of the goods – including researching suitable suppliers / alternative suppliers.
- Recording relevant stock movements to ensure that replenishment is done on an ongoing basis and on time.
- Research and identify suppliers producing specialised products that can be added to our basket easily related to this category.
- Research and identify prospective customers for these commodities, determine their supply needs and offer our services as an ongoing solution to their business.
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationship building with customers by communicating offers, providing support, communicating market information, and offering all round assistance in case of difficulties experienced.
- Communicating customer complaints/concerns to your direct line manager immediately upon occurrence and to assist in effectively and timeously resolve such matters.
- All and any other related tasks & duties as expected from the employer from time to time.
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email email@example.com
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.