Senior Manager – Cross Trades Sales & New Business Development
|Department||Business Development and Sales||Site||Port Elizabeth / Johannesburg|
|Contract||Permanent||Hours||Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 17:00|
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ direct experience in sales at a senior level.
- Sales experience in FMCG.
- Experience in meat, poultry and frozen food commodity sales and distribution is preferred.
- Sales experience within African markets preferred.
- Experience in import and export procedures for both ocean freight and road freight preferred.
- Secondary education.
- Related tertiary qualification advantageous.
- Experience on systems such as Pastel / Syspro advantageous.
- Experience in project management would be advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite. Advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent communication in English. Command of the French language advantageous.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Ability to work outside of and within a team environment.
- Disciplined & process-driven individual.
- Strong inter-personal relationship builder.
- High attention to detail & accuracy.
- Sound commercial acumen & understanding.
- Ability to feel comfortable and thrive in a high intensity, KPI driven, sales environment.
- Effective customer care and communication skills for dealing with a wide range of differing customer personalities.
Main Duties/Key Results Areas
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities.
- Leading Sales and Client Relationship Management teams.
- Management and day-to-day oversight of the Cross-Trades Sales team, as a unit and for each individual cross trade market.
- Setting and evaluating Cross Trades Sales targets.
- Managing performance of Cross Trades Sales teams.
- Determine customer supply needs and offer our products on an ongoing basis.
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers, suppliers, distributors, and partners.
- Evaluating existing partnerships and sales strategies in order to further develop processes and procedures to yield positive results, as well as amending those partnerships which are not successful.
- Maximise sales success through effective communication and a proactive approach to addressing potential issues and customer concerns before they arise.
- Developing and strengthening internal and external relationships that lead to increased lead generation and increasing market share.
- Building cross-functional teams to guide and nourish sustainable, long-term growth.
- Tracking emerging markets and trends.
- Fostering and working to maintain an entrepreneurial growth culture throughout the company and across all teams and work functions.
- Identifying and recommending new services.
- Proposing and developing strategic partnerships.
- All and any other related tasks and duties as required by the Employer from time to time.
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.