|Department||Sales||Site||Hume International Offices (Port Elizabeth, Johannesburg or Cape Town)|
|Contract||Permanent||Reports to||Category Manager (Casings, Spices, Meat Processing Ingredients and Packaging)|
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 17:00|
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- 4-5 Years’ experience in Sales within the Meat Industry.
- Contactable trade sales references.
- Related tertiary qualification advantageous.
- Basic Excel skills.
- Experience on systems such as Pastel / Syspro advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite.
- Ability to manage self and work independently.
- Disciplined & process-driven individual.
- Strong inter-personal relationship builder.
- High attention to detail & accuracy.
- Sound commercial acumen & understanding.
Main Duties/Key Results Areas
- Responsible for servicing medium/large customers in the meat/meat related industry.
- Administrative duties (sales processing).
- Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry.
- Research and analyse sales options.
- Sell products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects/existing customers and recommending solutions.
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information and guidance.
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.