|Department||Sales||Site||Hume International Office, Century City, Cape Town.|
|Contract||Permanent||Reports to||Regional Manager (Western Cape) & National Sales Manager|
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 17:00|
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- 4-5 Years’ experience in Sales within the FMCG industry.
- Contactable trade sales references.
- Related tertiary qualification advantageous
- Basic Excel skills
- Experience on systems such as Pastel / Syspro advantageous
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite
- Ability to manage self and work independently.
- Disciplined & process driven individual.
- Strong inter-personal relationship builder.
- High attention to detail & accuracy.
- Sound commercial acumen & understanding.
Main Duties/Key Results Areas
- Responsible for assisting with sales within the Junior Sales Executive category as well as basic larger quantity sales.
- Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry
- Research and analyse sales options
- Sell products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects and recommending solutions
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information and guidance
- Research and recommend new opportunities
- Recommend profit and service improvements
- Identify product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities and competitors
- Prepare reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Focus on pre-determined and defined geographical area of sales
- Maintain a customer database of at least sixty members
- Adhere to call cycles as determined by our H.U.M.E call frequencies
- Maintain a monthly positive sales growth on allocated customer base
- Open no less than ten new accounts in a one monthly cycle
- Continually look to improve sales efficiencies en route to achieving sales objectives
- Efficiently manage external stakeholder relationships with clients
- Efficiently manage internal & cross departmental stakeholder relationships
- Gather and feedback market intelligence on a regular basis to necessary departments
- Handle customer complaints effectively and timeously to necessary resolution
- Constantly be scanning your area of responsibility for sales improvement and feedback to your line management
- Bring to attention any necessary trade customer information that may be of interest to the management team
- All and any other related tasks and duties as requested by the Employer
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email email@example.com
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.