|Department||General Admin||Site||Head Office, Charlo, Port Elizabeth.|
|Contract||Permanent||Reports to||Human Resources Manager|
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 07:30 – 17:00|
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Excel skills
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven experience as office manager or office administrator
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Telephone and email etiquette
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to delegate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong customer focus
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Friendly and polite nature
- Ability to deal with challenging customers/situations
Main Duties/Key Results Areas:
- All office management duties will extend across all sites (Charlo, Greenbushes and Johannesburg)
- Ensure smooth running of office on a day-to -day basis for all sites
- Manage a team of administrative staff/reception/cleaning staff by assigning and monitoring tasks
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/office administration systems/filing systems
- Check generators on weekly basis to ensure they are in working order, refuel when necessary
- Check both buildings on weekly basis to identify any maintenance related issues. Report any issues to the relevant Director and ensure all approved maintenance requests are completed.
- Liaise with garden services and ensure that office gardens are maintained on a weekly basis
- Assist with daily stationary requests, issuing items to staff and ensuring that they sign for same
- Manage the day-to-day duties of cleaning staff
- Cell phone accounts to be sent to Director on monthly basis
- Assist with cell phone contract renewals / upgrades /queries when needed
- Carry out monthly insurance checks together with Legal team to ensure all items are correctly listed
- Arrange new Metro file bases and lids when needed
- Manage Metrofile process: retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Manages budget for office supplies such as consumables, stationary, cleaning supplies etc.
- Arrange coffee from Masterton’s when needed
- Check accuracy of service provider recons to ensure they are in line with services rendered
- Water pot plants on weekly basis
- Ensure Hand sanitiser is always available at all offices
- Together with IT, provide HR with new starter costs on monthly basis
- Attend to any Ad hoc duties when needed
- All and any other related tasks and duties as required by the Employer from time to time
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.