|Department||Procurement||Base||Hume International Head Office, Charlo|
|Reports to||Procurement Manager||Job Summary||Local Buyer – Bovine|
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 17:00|
Minimum qualification and experience:
- Related tertiary qualification advantageous
- Experience in the local bovine trade, manufacturing and processing sector essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Willingness to travel
- Networking and relationship management skills
- Negotiation and research skills
Main Duties/Key Results Areas:
- Source and procure locally produced items (bovine)
- Source, establish contact with, meet with and build relationships with local suppliers
- Present cost prices and selling prices where necessary
- Supervise administration within local procurement
- All and any other tasks and duties as the Employer might from time to time direct.
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email email@example.com
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Financial Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.