|Department||Legal||Site||Head Office, Charlo, Port Elizabeth.|
|Contract||Permanent||Reports to||Group Legal & Compliance Officer & Compliance Director|
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 17:00|
Fulfill a supportive role to the Group Legal and Compliance Officer & Directors by attending to administrative and filing tasks and assisting with the completion, vetting and finalisation of Trade Account Applications and managing the CGIC processes.
Minimum qualification and experience:
- 2 Years relevant experience
- Relevant qualification/diploma advantages
- a legal qualification/CGIC experience will be advantageous
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suit, Syspro, Pastel, Cregalink for CGIC
- Self-motivated person who can use their own discretion but who will follow instructions
- Ability to work independently
- Maintain Confidentiality of Group / Company information and legal documents
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent organisational, administrative, and filing skills
- Initiative and Proactive
- Results and goal oriented
- Customer liaison telephonically, by correspondence and personally
- Ability to work in a highly pressurised and fast-paced environment and to effectively manage high work volumes
- Energetic and Enthusiastic
- Professional conduct and correspondence with internal and external parties
- Deadline driven
Inherent Job Requirements:
- Strong, Accurate Typing Skills / Ability
- Excellent command of the English language — Speak, read, and write.
Main Duties/Key Results Areas:
- Assist with the smooth operation and communication of administrative processes
- Assist with placing letters on company letterheads
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes, forms and documents
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Assist with the updating of paperwork/spreadsheets
- Assist with the receipt, delivery and accessibility of legal documents.
- Safekeeping of official records and legal documents
- Assist with scanning and filing of paperwork
- Completion of Trade Account Applications and liaising with customers to obtain the necessary information and supporting documents
- Collating and vetting documents received from customers
- Attend to daily follow-ups on outstanding requirements and documentation
- Assist with logging of credit applications on CGIC and apply for credit limits as well as follow-up and liaising with CGIC in this regard
- Assist with submission of CGIC claims
- Assist with collating claim documents for handover to attorneys and following up on progress made.
- Assist with creating customer accounts, maintaining, and entering information on Syspro/Pastel
- Assist with maintaining of all accounts on CGIC/Cregalink with regards to change in limits, terms, and any changes in legal entities
- Assisting with queries regarding accounts on Syspro, Pastel, CGIC cover and trade account applications
- Completion and collation of Supplier Credit Applications
- Performing general office duties and errands
- Perform general administrative tasks to ensure Legal Services function effectively
- All and any other related tasks and duties as required by the Employer from time to time.
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.