Junior Finance Clerk
|Department||Finance||Site||Head Office, Charlo, Port Elizabeth.|
|Contract||Permanent||Reports to||Group Financial Manager|
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 17:00|
Minimum qualification and experience:
- 1-2 years’ relevant experience advantageous
- Experience in a creditor’s role advantageous
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Valid driver’s license
- Related qualification advantageous
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (basic to intermediate Excel skills)
- Syspro/Pastel experience advantageous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Logical problem-solving abilities
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Team player
- Deadline driven
Main Duties/Key Results Areas:
- Assessment and processing of debit card transactions
- Debit order analysis
- Processing of bank statements on pastel
- Analysing spend on travel
- Processing supplier invoices
- Preparing supplier reconciliations for payment
- Processing credit notes
- Compiling a receivables reconciliation to submit to the bank for finance
- Driving to collect documents, parcels etc.
- Generating purchase orders
- Compiling the fleet report
- Compiling international payment information and distributing it internally and externally
- All other related tasks and duties as required by the Employer from time to time.
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.