|Monday – Friday, 07:30 – 17:00
Minimum qualification and experience:
- Logistics qualification is advantageous.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of import procedures and documentation requirements.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Ability to take instruction.
- Proficient in meeting deadlines.
- Must be organised and methodical.
Main Duties/Key Results Areas:
- Check and manage documentation for imported shipments and provide support for many steps of the transportation process.
- Work with Clearing Agents, warehouse staff, shipping companies, and clients.
- Help with shipping, receiving, and record keeping for international transactions.
- Track shipments and communicate with internal departments about the container’s progress.
- Coordinate shipping with Clearing Agents for clearance through Customs, State Vet and / or Port Health.
- Deal with and handle claims with the relevant parties if any shipment problems happen to occur.
- Provide efficient delivery logistics through data management.
- All and any other related tasks and duties as required by the Employer from time to time.
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.