Forward Tracking Controller
|Department||Logistics||Job Summary||Forward Tracking Controller|
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 07:30 – 17:00|
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- 2 Years’ international shipping experience
- Knowledge of trade lanes
- Knowledge of shipping lines and their operations
- Syspro experience advantageous
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Related qualification advantageous
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently while being a team player
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent organisational skills
- Results orientated
- Customer liaison
- Ability to work in a highly pressurised and fast-paced environment
- Energetic and enthusiastic
Main Duties/Key Results Areas
- Follow up on / expedite outstanding supplier orders
- Advise Customer Liaison Clerk of late orders
- Tracking of in-transit shipments
- Update Dashboard and status reports on order shipments details
- Liaise with shipping lines on schedules
- Create shipments on Syspro and link to purchase orders
- Make bookings with shipping lines, forwarding agents, etc.
- All other tasks and related duties as expected from the employer from time to time
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.