|Department||Finance||Site||Head Office, Charlo, Port Elizabeth.|
|Contract||Permanent||Reports to||Group Financial Manager|
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 17:00|
Minimum qualification and experience:
- BComm Degree
- CIMA, CA or equivalent qualification advantageous
- 5 Years’ experience in a similar role
- Individual needs to have strong communication skills, a no-nonsense business approach, be resilient, be assertive and be willing to handle conflict situations.
- Must be able to handle pressure and have exemplary time management skills.
- Must be able to work independently with high level input from senior management.
- Needs to run with projects and implement decisions.
- Strong business acumen.
- Must have a proven track record in problem solving.
Main Duties/Key Results Areas:
- Forecast cashflow projections daily and monthly.
- Assessing international and local payments based on cashflow projections.
- Regular meetings with the Credit, Stock and Accounts Payable manager.
- Assessing the Forex recon.
- Analysing the cashflow aspect of a maturing deal based on the relevant companies.
- Compiling the necessary reportsfor Directors.
- Reviewing the management accounts before submission to Directors.
- Analysing the profitability of the company with the Operations Finance Manager and Group Financial Manager.
- Dealing with external sources – Banks, Credit Bureau and other 3rd party institutions.
- Dealing with SARB applications and the maintenance thereof.
- Compiling and sending a weekly dashboard out to the Senior Managers and Directors.
- Analysing the costs changes with the cold store charges based on warehouses.
- Overseeing other finance departments along with the 2IC when the manager is on leave.
- Assisting Legal with financial reports and information.
- Managing the Banking team.
- All and any other related tasks and duties as required by the Employer from time to time.
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email email@example.com
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.