|Department||Administration||Site||Hume International Head Office, Charlo|
|Contract||Permanent||Salary Range||Market related, experience dependent|
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 17:00||Reports to||Director|
The filing clerk is responsible for the organization and upkeep of all the legal documentation and records that our team works with every day. The ideal candidate must be extremely organized, and excellent at cataloging and managing a large filing system. The filing clerk will also be responsible for performing clerical duties such as making copies, answering phones, preparing legal documents, and assisting in office upkeep.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Previous experience essential
- Relevant qualification advantageous
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite
- Competent with and has experience with working on Excel (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP function, etc.)
- Email management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to work independently without constant supervision.
- Strong time management skills.
- Organisation and administrative skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Professional conduct and correspondence with internal and external parties
- Reliable and responsible
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and work in a pressurised environment
- Able to perform a wide range of clerical duties, maintaining files and highly confidential information.
- Strong work ethic
Main Duties/Key Results Areas
- Organise large amounts of legal documents, invoices, letters
- Compile legal documentation into files and maintain an organised filing system
- Create photocopies and reproductions of records and legal documentation as required
- Assist departments acrossthe organisation with locating files and organising, copying, and maintaining documents
- Comfortable with highly confidential information
- Streamline document filing process ensuring their availability at all times
- Inspect the filing section periodically to ensure records are categorized properly and are being maintained in a good condition.
- Digitise all necessary documentation and store in electronic systems.
- Classify information logically on the basis of use, content, purpose etc.
- Check all incoming material and categorize either on the basis of content or alphabetically.
- Ensure all new documents and paperwork are filed and logged properly in the system.
- Handle all enquiries related to paperwork/documents.
- Index documents with numbers or codes before filing.
- Remove or discard outdated documents as per the company archiving procedures
- All and any other related tasks and duties as required by the Employer from time to time
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.