Customs Entry Clerk
|Department||Logistics||Site||Charlo, Port Elizabeth|
|Contract||Permanent||Salary Range||Market related, experience dependent|
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 07:30 – 17:30||Reports to||Operations Director|
A large, well established importer, distributor and wholesaler is seeking an experienced, dynamic and energetic individual to join their fast-growing team.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Relevant qualification advantageous
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite
- Thorough understanding of the relevant laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, political processes and agency rules.
- High attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to take instruction
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Ability to engage critical thinking
Main Duties/Key Results Areas
- Calculate and process duties and taxes to be paid
- Arrange for payment of taxes and duties
- Liaise with customers
- Enter details onto specialised customs software
- Allocate correct licence depending on types of goods being imported
- Deal with application of duty refunds and tariff reclassification
- Be fully conversant with import and export laws and regulations. You will be expected to maintain your understanding and keep up-to-date with changes as they occur.
- Post bonds for the products being imported
- Prepare necessary import documentation
- Liaise with officials in various agencies to ensure goods are cleared through customs or quarantine.
- Arrange for transportation, warehousing or product distribution of imported or exported goods and liaise with Freight Forwarders.
- All and any other related tasks and duties as required by the Employer from time to time
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email email@example.com
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.