Cross Trades Sales Executive – UAE
|Department||Cross Trade Sales||Site||UAE (Remote)|
|Contract||Permanent||Hours||Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 17:00|
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in sales.
- Sales experience in FMCG.
- Experience in meat, poultry and frozen foods commodities sale and distribution is advantageous.
- Secondary education.
- Related tertiary qualification advantageous.
- Basic Excel skills.
- Experience on systems such as Pastel / Syspro advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite.
- Good communication in English.
- Good command of local languages advantageous.
- Contactable trade sales references and a proven track record.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work outside of a team environment.
- Disciplined & process-driven individual.
- Strong inter-personal relationship builder
- High attention to detail & accuracy
- Sound commercial acumen & understanding
- Ability to feel comfortable in a high intensity, KPI driven, sales environment.
- Effective customer care and communication skills for dealing with a wide range of differing customer personalities.
Main Duties/Key Results Areas
- Service the UAE market and surrounding regions from a sales perspective – targeting Importers, Distributors, Wholesalers and Retailers etc.
- Focus on pre-determined and defined geographical areas of sales.
- Assist in setting sales goals and developing sales strategies.
- Research and identify prospective customers.
- Determine customer supply needs and offer our products on an ongoing basis.
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationship building with customers.
- Cold Calling.
- Identify and recommend new business opportunities for the group.
- Maximise sales success through effective communication and a proactive approach to addressing potential issues and customer concerns before they arise.
- Share any necessary trade customer information that may be of interest to the management team.
- Lead and coordinate with related parties both internal and external to achieve the operational and sales objectives and targets.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and maintaining organisation standards.
- Successfully complete all tasks and instructions as communicated to you by Management within the deadlines provided.
- Be prepared to work flexible hours, which includes after hours networking and sales support.
- Be comfortable with working fully remotely (no local office base) while still meeting required KPIs and objectives.
- Willing to travel frequently – both planned trips as well as on short notice
- At Hume International we do not see ourselves as a “supplier” to customers but rather as a “partner” in their business. This philosophy enables us to be invested in our customers and establish a relationship of shared interest in the success of their organisations. You are required to adopt this philosophy in order to ensure sales growth.
- All and any other related tasks and duties as required by the employer from time to time.
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.