|Department||Finance – Accounts Payable||Site||Hume International Head Office, Charlo|
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 17:00||Reports to||Financial Controller and Accounts Payable Manager|
|Job Summary:||Creditors Clerk|
Minimum qualification and experience:
- Matric / tertiary qualification in accounting or finance
- 3 – 5 Years’ experience in a similar creditors role
- Experience in dealing with foreign creditors advantageous
- Experience in capturing invoices in the general ledger on an accounting system
- Intermediate Excel Skills
- Experience on systems such as Pastel / Syspro
- High attention to detail
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to take instruction.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a pressurised environment.
- Must be organized and methodical.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Main Duties/Key Results Areas:
- Take ownership of the allocated creditors accounts.
- Processing of invoices from suppliers onto Syspro.
- Sourcing and checking ofsupporting documentation.
- Liaising with suppliers as part of the daily management of the supplier accounts.
- Preparing payment reconciliations within the stipulated timeframes and deadlines.
- Ensure that the GRN’s are correctly matched when processing
- Resolve queries on the supplier accounts.
- Daily commentary updates on the supplier age analysis software package for the allocated accounts.
- All and any other related duties as expected from the employer from time to time.
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Financial Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.