Creditors Clerk – Cold Stores
|Department||Finance||Site||Hume International Head Office, Charlo|
|Contract||Permanent||Reports to||Accounts Payable Financial Controller / Accounts Payable Manager|
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 17:00|
A large, well established importer, distributor and wholesaler is seeking an experienced, dynamic and energetic individual to join their fast-growing team.
Minimum qualification and experience:
- Matric / tertiary qualification in accounting or finance
- 5 Years’ experience in a similar creditor’s role
- Experience in capturing invoices in the general ledger on an accounting system
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Experience on systems such as Pastel/ Syspro
- Experience in handling cold storage accounts advantageous
- High attention to detail
- Team Player
- Ability to take instruction
- Ability to handle pressure in processing large volumes of invoices
- Proficient in meeting deadlines
- Must be organised and methodical
- Experience in dealing with high volume accounts
Main Duties/Key Results Areas:
- Take ownership of the allocated accounts
- Processing of invoices from suppliers onto Syspro
- Checking supporting documentation
- Prepare the relevant reconciliations
- Resolve queries on the accounts
- Maintaining cold storage related claims
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.