Controller – Cross Trades
|Department||Logistics||Job Summary:||Cross Trades Controller|
|Contract||Permanent||Reports to||International Operations Manager.|
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 07:30 – 17:00|
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- 2 Years’ international shipping experience
- Knowledge of trade lanes
- Knowledge of shipping lines and their operations
- Syspro experience advantageous
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Related qualification advantageous
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent organizational skills
- Results orientated.
- Customer liaison
- Ability to work in a highly pressurised and fast-paced environment.
- Energetic and enthusiastic
Main Duties/Key Results Areas
- Follow up and expedite outstanding supplier orders in line with customer required ETA’s.
- Facilitate and coordinate supplier prepayments and balance payments.
- Ensure document instructions are in place as per customer requirements.
- Make bookings with shipping lines, forwarding agents.
- Ensure timeous receiving, checking and approving of shipping documents against customer requirements and issuing same to customers and agents within the required time frame.
- Tracking of in transit shipments.
- Update Dashboard and Status Reports on order shipment details.
- Liaise with internal and external customers on order status and other related issues.
- Be fully conversant with import and export laws and regulations.
- You will be expected to maintain your understanding and keep up to date with changes as they occur.
- Liaise with officials in various agencies to ensure goods are cleared through customs or quarantine.
- All other tasks and related duties as expected from the Employer from time to time.
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email email@example.com
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.