|Department||Finance||Site||Hume International Head Office, Charlo|
|Contract||Permanent||Reports to||Credit Manager|
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 17:00|
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Previous experience with customer claims will be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Team Player.
- Ability to take instruction.
- Proficient in meeting deadlines.
- Aptitude to source, interpret and organize information and documentation from various role players.
- Ability to liaise with senior management in resolving claims.
- High business acumen in cost recovery and bill backs.
- Excellent communicator and positive attitude essential.
Main Duties/Key Results Areas
- Collect documentation from various departments for claims (price, shortages, returns, etc.).
- Ensure that all claims are completed for stock purposes and month end.
- Work closely with the Debtor’s Clerks and other teams to resolve claims.
- Responsible to request supporting docs from:
- Stock team (GRV’s)
- Admin (GIV’s)
- Sales (PO’s or SO’s or confirmations of prices)
- Local logistics (Transporter docs).
- Creditors (Supplier invoice/Credit notes or R & D’s).
- Put service providers on notice as soon as you are aware of potential claims and then work to resolve the claim ASAP.
- Meet on a weekly basis with Credit Manager to advise of progress on claims register.
- Set meetings with Operations Director to get claims signed off.
- Be able to have conference calls with service providers to resolve claims.
- Willing to take on more responsibilities should claims go through a quiet phase.
- Training necessary to be able to view video footage on claims.
- Ensure that regular feedback is received from various departments involved and ensure that timeframes are adhered to.
- All other tasks and related duties as expected from the employer from time to time.
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email email@example.com
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.