Assistant to National Sales Manager
|Department||Sales||Site||Hume International Head Office, East Rand, Johannesburg|
|Contract||Permanent||Reports to||National Sales Manager|
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 17:00|
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Background in a position where the applicant liaised as a middle-man between a supplier and the end-user of a product will be advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
Main Duties/Key Results Areas
- Assist with liaising with suppliers in order to confirm orders for Frozen Veg, French Fries and various types of Starches.
- Assist with liaising with customers in order to conclude sales of any nature.
- Handling all aspects of administration related to getting either a Purchase or a Sale onto the books.
- Assist with managing the diary of the National Sales Manager – scheduling customer appointments, etc.
- Good negotiating skills with a positive personality to ensure long-term relationships with buyers and customers.
- Research new suppliers and make recommendations to the National Sales Manager.
- Research new customer leads and make recommendations to the National Sales Manager.
- Keep abreast of market trends related to Frozen Veg, French Fries and various types of Starches – both locally and internationally.
- Planning, monitoring and maintaining suitable stock levels.
- Grasp an understanding of our margin calculations in order to assist the general Sales Team with selling price indications on Frozen Veg, French Fries and various types of Starches.
- Assist by taking phone calls when the National Sales Manager is not available, either from suppliers or customers.
- Willingness to go the extra mile and possess a strong work ethic. Willingness to put in additional hours when required in order to get the job done.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail – in everyday matters such as filing of documents in a neat and orderly fashion but also paying attention to matters in a way he/she can pre-empt any possible difficulties before they arise.
- Strong ability to multi-task and to perform under pressure.
- Most Important – the candidate must be completely loyal and trustworthy as they will be privileged to a lot of confidential information.
- All and any other related tasks & duties as expected from the employer from time to time.
Please note that only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
To apply for this vacancy, please email email@example.com
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity. Please note that all candidates must subject themselves to criminal, credit and qualification checks.
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with Hume International Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
- This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.